Wednesday 24 January 2018

Redback Spider (W.I.P)

Modeling in   - Blender 
Hair added in - Maya
Rendered in   - V-Ray




Light Balance: 


Test render of  just the spider:





As a workflow test I decided to model a new Redback in Blender using Blenders Skin Modifer. Previously I modeled one in Maya.

I noted my first attempt at using Blenders Skin Modifier HERE. Once the base shape was created I retopologized the mesh using the blender add-on RetypoFlow.


Render test one. I created a web alpha in photoshop and projected them onto images planes in Maya. Here is a test render:
The web is, in all honesty, not very believable, the spiders joints are way to bright and the lighting isn't the best. I decided to do a test without a background or hair:

....could be better but, as always, it's a W.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment