Sunday 11 September 2016

Something's Gotta Give - Kitchen

As a learning exercise I've decided to model, texture and render a number of photos. The process will hopefully improve my rendering by giving me instant feed back on real world lighting and shading. The first photo I decided to replicate is a photo I found in a copy of "Home Beautiful". It's the kitchen from the movie "Something's Gotta Give".

There are quite a few things that are incorrect. Most notably the modeling was a bit rushed resulting in inaccurate beveling details and, to save time, my render settings were rather low resulting in all the grainy noise.

It's a learning exercise so no need for perfection.

All modeling was done in Maya and rendering in Vray for Maya.

Here is my final render:
Here is the wire-frame for modeling:
Here is the lightbalance:

If I were to re-render the scene I have a good idea about what would need changing to up the realism and create a better match.

Here is the photo I was attempting to replicate: Link

No comments:

Post a Comment